7 Tips from a Water Damage Service Provider, to save Your Bathroom from Mold.
When talking about mold, it is best if we start from the bathroom. This is one of the most likely places to find mold in any house. The second place is the basement, but we are not going to talk about that now. This article is about preventing mold damages in the bathroom.
As a water damage service, we have seen a lot of mold-covered bathrooms, and know how severe the problem can become. The bathroom presents a suitable environment for mold growth, and that can be very dangerous for your health. Mold is known to cause respiratory diseases, as well as allergic reactions, fungal infections and many other health complications.
So, how do you protect your bathroom from it?
1. After taking a shower the moisture level rises drastically. The best way to keep it low, is by allowing the air to circulate in the room, and remove the excess moisture. Turn on the fans and leave the door open. If your bathroom has a window you can open, we advise you to open it as well.
2. Another way to avoid the services of a water damage restoration company, is by taking care of your shower. Bathing produces huge amounts of moisture that can damage your shower curtain. If you leave it wet after every shower it will start to rot. The best thing to do in that case is to stretch it after a shower, so it dries quicker.
3. Since mold feeds on dust, cleaning the dust from your bathroom every once in a while can be a very good idea.
4. If you see signs of mold, spray them with a disinfecting bathroom cleaning agent. If you are too late to clean it and the mold spot has grown beyond the capabilities of your regular bathroom cleaner, then it’s time to call a water damage service.
5. You need to control the amount of moisture in the room, so make sure you check your bathroom for leaks.
6. If you have problems with slow drainage in the sink, the bathtub, or the shower, call a plumber and fix them.
7. Lastly, one of the best decisions for bathroom walls and ceilings is to paint them with semi-gloss paints. They are very resistant against mold and moisture.
A lot of people neglect their bathrooms when leaving their homes and end up regretting it when they return. Mold can be a great nuisance, especially if you let it grow and develop uninhibited. In such cases, the only solution is to call a water damage restoration company. Luckily for the people in Gainesville FL, they can always trust the services of American Mold and Restoration Specialist. We are a reputable water damage service with years of experience, so don’t hesitate to call us at – (352) 234-8454.