What You Can Do Until Help Arrives
If you have just suffered any kind of flood, be it natural or a grave error of judgment on your part, there are things that you can do while waiting for your water damage specialist to arrive.
After you have suffered any water damage situation, your primary focus must always be on safety, such as the following:
- Is it safe for your or the family to remain in the house?
- Electrical and “slip and fall” hazards are but a few of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that you deem are safe for you to do.
- Wet materials can be extremely heavy, so practice caution when lifting them.
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove as much excess water as you can by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe as much excess water from your wood furniture after the removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop up all wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between the legs of your furniture and wet carpeting.
- Turn your air conditioning on to maximum.
- Remove any colored rugs off wet carpets.
- Remove any art objects to a safer, and dryer place.
- Gather any loose items up from the floor.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don’t leave wet fabrics lying in place. Always hang up furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave the likes of books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpets or floors.
- Don’t use your vacuum cleaner to remove water.
- Don’t use television or any other household appliances that use electricity.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures when the ceiling is wet, and steer clear of any rooms where the ceilings are sagging noticeably.
To learn about the services and products our US Restoration Specialist water damage specialist has to offer you, and if you live in or around the Gainesville, FL area, please do not hesitate to contact at (352) 234-8454 today.